It seems like turmeric is the latest health craze lately, with many recipes, as well as reasons to incorporate the spice into our diets. So how can this vibrant colored root contribute to your healthy bod? Well, turmeric has anti-inflammotory benefits, cleanses the liver, aids your digestion and is good for your skin. Other than that it’s great to use in the kitchen, being an essential component for a good curry, but you can also use it in drinks! For a fresh start of the week, we made a nice healthy Latte that can easily be replaced if you wanna cut down on your caffeine intake. So prepare your body for a busy week in a Zen-kinda way with our Turmeric Latte, especially good as a relaxing bedtime drink too!
List of Ingredients of the Tumeric Latte:
- 1 tsp fresh Turmeric (peeled) OR ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Coconut Sugar OR Honey
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Ginger Powder or small piece of fresh Ginger (peeled)
- 1½ cup of Almond Milk
How to Make Turmeric Latte:
- When using fresh Turmeric and Ginger: Blend all ingredients in a blender, add warm Almond Milk and mix again.
- Quick prep with Turmeric and Ginger Powder: Add all ingredients to a small pan, stir and bring up to the right temperature, without bringing the mixture to a boil.