Cookies must be the snack you can have at any moment. It helps in times of comfort, it makes any celebration better, and even when there is nobody around, you and a cookie can be a mini-party. Remember that time when you could still devour pretty much an entire roll of cookies just by yourself without gaining an ounce? Well yeah, those times have passed, but the cravings haven’t disappeared, so we found some great recipes for you to get your cookie monster on, but fairly guilt-free in our Top 5 Favorite Healthy Cookies!
- The Healthy Cinnamon and Carrot Cookies by Baking Ginger are just lovely moist and it will satisfy your craving in Carrot Cake without a bunch of calories. First of all, it has carrots, which always adds that healthy touch to it and secondly you can make these gluten-free when using gluten-free oats, and you use coconut flour instead of normal flour. Love the spices in it. Simply a great afternoon snack with a nice cup of tea!
- Cookies for breakfast?! Who’d refuse that? Leelalicious has her delicious Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies, which consist mainly of pumpkin puree, oats, nice dried cranberries and a variation of seeds. As mentioned by Regina, they are perfect for mornings where you don’t feel like preparing anything and it will seem like you’re eating good oatmeal but without the bowl. Now, how perfect is that?
- What is a Top 5 about cookies without a recipe for a good chocolate chip? Peanut butter and (dark) chocolate are a match made in heaven, so if you’re a fan as well, you have got to make these Healthy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Veggiebalance. A great recipe, which will give you awesome Chocolate Chip within half an hour!
- These Chewy Brownie Crinkle Cookies by Barerootgirl, might not be the healthiest of the bunch due to the addition of sugar, but they had me at …Crinkle…Don’t they look awesome? And by adding the finishing touch of coarse salt (chocolate & salt are best friends), this is a cookie that will make you the best friend ever, surprising your friends for a girl’s night in, with cookies and milk!
- Have you ever tried a cookie with quinoa before? I thought this recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Quinoa Breakfast Cookies is a really smart way to incorporate healthy quinoa in a snack. Alyssa of Simply Quinoa declares lemon and poppy seed a natural combination and I have to agree. It’s perfect for the ones who are fond of tart flavors and do use a nut butter that doesn’t overpower the nice lemon flavor.
There you have it, our Top 5 Favorite Healthy Cookies! Which cookie recipe is your favorite?