It’s citrus time! The grapefruit is said to have some pretty beneficial weight loss capacity, but there is so much more to this bittersweet fruit aside the wonderful flavor. Read on and see if grapefruit is a fruit you might want to add to your diet.
- It’s named grapefruit while it grows in bunches as do grapes and come in several colors including pink, red (the sweetest), golden or white
- Its scientific name is Citrus Paradisi and is considered to be the result of cross-fertilization between the orange and Pomelo
- Vitamin C in grapefruit fulfills about 40% of our daily need. This may help you prevent the cold and flu, while it strengthens the immune system
- A grapefruit consists 75% of juice. One medium grapefruit will give you 2/3 of a cup of fresh-squeezed juice
- One of the best ways to induce sleep is to drink a warm glass of grapefruit juice just before going to bed. The amount of Lycopene in grapefruit is responsible for better sleep quality
Tip: If you take medication, check with your doctor before you add grapefruit to your diet because it may interact with some drugs
Tip: Have grapefruit, mixed with warm water and honey to get rid of sore throats and reduce cough