Just like we often do, you might add a wedge of lime to your soda or cocktail for the flavor, but little did we know how important some nutrients of this green little brother of the lemon are and how they can help your body fight flu and other infections. In this Wednesday’s Product Highlight we’ll give you even more reasons to buy a bag full of limes next time you go for groceries!
- Lime juice is rich in flavonoids, which are important antioxidants that protect your body from free radicals that can damage healthy cells. Consuming flavonoids can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancers and ulcers
- You have got to add this to your morning routine! A large glass of warm water and lime juice not only cleanses your system, but can also help you lose weight. The citric acid present in lime is an excellent fat burner!
- Cracked lips, ulcers in your mouth, bleeding gums? All symptoms of scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency). Cure it by adding lime juice to your diet!
- Who knew citric acid can protect your body from harmful bacteria? No wonder it is used in so many home cleaning products! Lime juice is very effective in decreasing the spread of bacteria and prevent bacterial infections
- Vitamin-C naturally lowers the temperature of the body, so if you’re suffering from a fever, citrus fruits and especially limes can help you get rid of it. Bring your temperature down by drinking a couple of glasses of fresh(!) juice
- The high potassium content of limes is very effective getting rid of toxic substances in your kidneys and bladder. The disinfectant properties of limes also even help cure infections in the urinary system. Move over cranberry!