Japanese food seems to always be the better option if you’re looking for good nutrition. In today’s Product Highlight we give you a bunch of reasons why Matcha is the drink of moment and why many people switch from coffee and even green tea to a frothy Matcha brew!
- Matcha literally means ‘powdered tea’. You’re drinking the actual leaves, which have been finely powdered and made into a solution. Since you take in the whole leaf, you get 100% of the nutrients!
- It’s not the caffeine, but the combination of matcha’s natural properties that provide a boost of energy you may experience after drinking matcha. It not only improves your ability to concentrate, but it is said to improve physical endurance by 24%
- The rich amount of chlorophyll in matcha helps to detox the body, while it eliminates possible chemicals. Other important antioxidants include EGCg and it’s also rich in fiber, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Matcha is rich in L-Theanine, a rare amino acid that promotes a state of relaxation and well-being by acting upon the brains functioning. And while L-Theanine is common in all tea, matcha may contain up to five times more of this amino acid than common black and green teas
- It’s a great drink when trying to lose weight, while it boosts the metabolism and burns fat. The consumption of matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% to between 35%-43%