It’s important to be aware of the produce we consume. That is why we’ll highlight an ingredient we use in our liquids on a regular basis to let you know why it’s good for you and as a result inspire you to use it in your daily healthy drinks. Plus, you will have some interesting facts up your sleeve next time you join those coffee-station-conversations at work. Just kidding…….…(No, we’re not. You’re gonna drop those facts to that know-it-all colleague and you know it!)
This week we highlight a berry that must be one of the most popular fruits available, an all-time favorite: Strawberries
- Although they are practically available year-round, strawberries are at their peak from April until July and to get the full nutritional benefits and best flavor, eat them raw!
- There are over 600 (!) varieties, where the most common commercially grown specie is the Fragaria Ananassa
- Rich in Vitamin C, potassium, folic acids, fiber, polyphenol antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients
- Keeps your blood sugar levels regulated
- Consists of folate which reduces an excess of homocysteine building up in our bodies which interferes with our production of dopamine and serotonin. And that’s a good thing, because they regulate how we feel, sleep and even influence our appetite
- Are known to whiten teeth
Tip: Store in your fridge’s cold storage bins for optimal temperature and humidity circulation and consume within 2 days after your purchase to prevent the diminish of their nutritional value
Tip: Make sure to buy them when they are as radiant red as can be to make sure you have the most tasty ones with the best flavor. When they look pale, it just means that they have been picked too early and they will not ripen further.