When you love watching movies as much as I do, strongly feel Sunday’s are made for watching movies, then PAC Festival by Pathé cinemas is a Sunday well spent. The festival consists of five films that have not been released, so you get to be part of the first audience to get to view the films. PAC stands for Pathé Alternative Cinema, so don’t expect any mainstream blockbuster! The fun part is that these movies often are a part of award season picks and it always has one or more foreign films, that you probably wouldn’t have picked up on or even selected to watch.
Since the announcement last August, Pathé has released a title every week, and I can’t be more excited. Check it out!:
- The Glass Castle is the much-anticipated drama with Oscar-winner Brie Larson (Room), Woody Harrelson and Naomi Watts. Need I say more….
- The intense thriller Good Time, with Robert Pattinson who immerses himself into the New York underworld to rescue his brother from jail. Check out the trailer and you will be amazed!
- My interest is sparked whenever Joaquin Phoenix (Her) stars in a film, so I can’t wait to watch the drama-thriller You Were Never Really Here by Lynne Ramsay (We Need to Talk About Kevin)
- The foreign film during this festival is of Russian origin by director Andrey Zvyagintsev called Loveless, which received the Jury Prize in Canned 2017.
- And then, last but not least, Stronger. An inspiring and true story about Jeff Bauman played by Jake Gyllenhaal about a man that became the symbol of hope after the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.
An amazing selection of films, any movie lover would love to see and you can all seem them in one day! So if you have no plans for this coming Sunday, grab one of the last tickets for the 17th edition of the PAC Festival in a Pathé Cinema near you and make it an all-day cinema day!
When: Sunday 24th September 2017
Where: Various Pathé Cinemas