One of the most popular fruits in the world. For many their fresh OJ in the morning is somewhat sacred and even the fragrance of its peel is lovely and used in a variety of dishes. You might take the orange for granted, but we want to let it shine that bright orange color in this week’s Product Highlight: The Orange!
- The orange belongs to a group of citrus fruits called Hesperidium
- Did you know that after chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world’s favorite flavor?
- Fiber in oranges may help lower cholesterol levels. It picks up excess cholesterol compounds in the gut and pushes them out in the elimination process
- Everybody knows oranges are a go-to for Vitamin C! This Vitamin protects cells by neutralizing free radicals and boost your immunity. Goodbye colds!!
- What was first? The fruit or the color? In this case the fruit came before the color. The word “orange” is derived from the Arabic word “naranj”. It arrived in English as “narange” in the 14th century, and gradually lost the letter ‘n’ somewhere along the way!