Wheatgrass is one of the first superfoods that became extremely popular a couple of years ago. And for good reason! You have the fresh shots, which are pressed and consumed immediately, but there’s also the powder, which is widely available nowadays and are easily scooped into your smoothie or juice for an extra energy boost. We use it quite often and let us tell you why we love this superfood in our Product Highlight!
- Wheatgrass is harvested when it’s at its nutritional peak and has an extremely high concentration of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, living enzymes, chlorophyll and phytonutrients
- Due to its high chlorophyl content, wheatgrass has a strong alkalizing and detoxifying effect on the body. It’s also known to improve your energy levels
- If you’re feeling vitamin deprived for some reason, do have a shot of wheatgrass! One serving of wheatgrass juice is the rough equivalent of one and a half pounds of dark leafy green vegetables. Now isn’t that efficient?
- The consumption of wheatgrass juice can help with acne and other skin related problems such as psoriasis and eczema
- Wheatgrass juice can help cure toothaches and can also help treat a sore throat. Keep wheatgrass juice in your mouth for a couple of minutes and gargle
Tip: Have your wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach and preferably one hour before eating which gives the body the time to absorb all the beneficial nutrients