We use quite the amount of yoghurt in our smoothies, so it’s just time to discuss this delicious dairy product in our Product Highlight. And, an awesome recipe is coming up this Friday, which makes yoghurt not just your morning granola’s best friend, but it’s a perfect ingredient for a delicious hot-day-drink with of course all the health benefits!
- Yoghurt is an ancient product which is linked to inhabitants of Central Asia around 6000 B.C.. The natural enzymes in the carrying containers (animal stomachs, yikes!) curdled the milk, essentially making yoghurt
- Protein is essential for cell growth, building muscle, and repairing tissue. Yoghurt is a great way to boost your protein levels if you are vegetarian or trying to cut down your meat intake
- Yoghurt is a great addition to your diet, when you want to shed some weight. The calcium signals your fat cells to pump out less of the hormone cortisol, which is mainly produced by the fat around your waist, making it easier to lose weight. Also, the amino acids help burn fat and restore muscle tissue
- One serving contains a significant source of potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, and vitamin B5 and B12, which maintains red blood cells and helps keep your nervous system in balance
- The active cultures in yoghurt help regulate food digestion and prevent problems such as gas and bloating and is even known to help strengthen your immune system, making you less vulnerable for those annoying colds!