So this is the deal. I always have something in my bag, just in case I get hungry and there is no food in sight. I usually don’t want the unhealthy snacks, and although many people think store bought energy/granola bars are healthy, those usually have a lot of added sugars and other additives. So we decided to do some research for healthy granola bars, that are delicious, nutritious and easily made at home. So here you have it, our Top 5 Granola Bar Recipes. Make it over the weekend, and find yourself always prepared for those afternoon snack attacks!
- This Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bar is your morning meal on-the-go! For all who lack time in the morning (that’s me!), this granola bar by A Healthy Life For Me has all the nutrition you need for a perfect start of your day! Think oatmeal, almonds and blueberries….
- Chocolate is always a good idea and especially when you’re experiencing those sweet cravings during the day, these Honey Nut Bars with cacao nibs by Living Healthy With Chocolate are an excellent snack, while they satisfy that chocolate necessity, but still is a healthy snack you can have anytime!
- For the Pumpkin Spice Latte lovers out there, the Paleo Pumpkin Spice Granola 3 Ways recipe by FED+Fit is something you can prepare all year until that darn Latte comes around again! 3 ways means that you can turn the ingredient into granola, but you can also make bars or delicious bites dipped in chocolate. For all of you who are allergic for nuts, this recipe is nut-free
- The Healthy 5-Ingredient Granola bar by Minimalist Baker must be one of my favorites, because it’s so easy to make and consists of the things I love such as dates and peanut butter. It’s filling and the recipe is a nice basic recipe, so you can always stir things up, by adding whatever you feel like that day of have in your kitchen
- Ok, these bars are more a dessert, and the recipe a bit more complex, but we just had to add this recipe to our Top 5. The Raw Vanilla Coconut Fig Slice by Secret Squirrel is just too pretty and would definitely impress your friends if you’re planning to share them. Also, fresh figs are just so tasty!