We have a multitude of really delicious smoothie recipes, so if you are not a breakfast person or really always in a hurry, a smoothie makes a perfect and nutritious breakfast on-the-go. But if we want to mix it up and/or have more times on our hands, we love to experiment and gather simple but nutritious recipes. So here is our Top 5 Favorite Healthy Breakfast Recipes. Enjoy!
- Burrito doesn’t exactly scream ‘healthy breakfast’, but it’s all doing some little tweaks in the ingredients, which turns a breakfast burrito into a filling start to your morning, that will last you until lunchtime. This recipe for Mushroom and Avocado Breakfast Burrito by Begin Within Nutrition is an example of a good vegan recipe with good fats from the avocado and the beans make it a good breakfast for days when you workout, providing you with good carbs!
- We just had to share this really simple recipe with you, because our Top 5 Favorite Healthy Breakfast Recipes had to include cottage cheese. I used to dislike the taste of cottage cheese on its own, but with the right recipes and combination with other ingredients, it makes a really good, healthy and protein-rich ingredient. This recipe for a Real California Breakfast Bowl by Diane Boyd for Cape Fear Nutrition has the perfect savory/sweet combo with cottage cheese and blue berries and pecans. Delicious!
- Hearty breakfasts call for eggs, and if there is one dish that is en vogue right now, it is Shakshuka! The Roasted Eggplant Shakshuka by The Brick Kitchen is a special one with lovely roasted eggplant. Coriander, feta, eggs, what’s not to love? It makes a perfect breakfast for post-nights out and it’s especially good with some ciabatta bread for sauce dipping!
- If you are fond of spices this Chai Teff Porridge will make your list of favorite breakfasts. It might be more of a fall recipe as mentioned by Renee Shuman of Will Frolic for Food mentions, but I think the spices together with the coconut milk are so delicious, I could eat it every day. If you are not familiar with teff, check out our Product Highlight!
- Quinoa and chia make great partners and High Protein Vanilla Chia Pudding is basically dessert for breakfast! If you keep quinoa, chia seeds and (nut) milk as a base you can get creative with it! This recipe by Simply Quinoa has some hemp hearts and cinnamon, but do add some fresh berries or banana slices. Prepare the night before, add fruit in the morning and breakfast is served!