A nice bowl of steaming hot oatmeal is what makes me get out of bed in the morning! I love a warm breakfast and oatmeal is a healthy option that keeps me going until lunch. My go-to this combo that I never get tired of is banana-blueberry-walnut, which we’ll share in another post soon, but first we have our ultimate Top 5 Favorite Oatmeal Recipes we found online and which made it to our favorites list!
1. Angela is so right! We all want to eat healthy, but we don’t want to compensate in flavor. Her blog Oh She Glows has a pretty sweet selection of oatmeal recipes inspired by desserts and cakes. Isn’t it a great thing to have dessert in the morning? Exactly! Well, here you have it, Angela’s deliciously healthy recipe for Apple Pie Oatmeal!
2. Figs, love. Chocolate, super love! So why not combine these two with oatmeal? We found this perfect recipe on Bon Appétit, where healthy cacao nibs are added for that ultimate chocolate fix. Nice!
3. It might not be the most lowcal option, but it’s delicious for sure! The coconut milk makes it creamy and together with that in brown sugar coated banana, wow!! It’s a rich breakfast recipe, as Becca from Amuse Your Bouche points out, so maybe not an everyday option, unless you wanna share it with someone! Or not…
4. Baked Oatmeal with Blackberries & Coconut by Cookie+Kate might not be the usual method to make oatmeal, but we think it’s a nice recipe to try out in the weekends, when you can take things slow and the sweet fragrance from the oven fills up your kitchen.
5. We thought this recipe by Food52 was really original and I have been looking for some inspiration to use ricotta, so Steel Cut Oats with Ricotta, Pistachios and Raisins was a great idea. The flavors work so well together! Good flavor and ideal pre- or post-workout meal, since it’s rich in protein!