Do you know that feeling, when you really don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen, but you still want to eat healthy and preferably within a short amount of time?
Soup is the one of those dishes that can be made up with practically anything you still have in your fridge and makes a perfect, rather light meal. Since Autumn has started and all we want is some nice hearty pumpkin soup we give you our Top 5 Favorite Pumpkin Soup Recipes!
- We love easy cooking, we love Italian food and we certainly love Jamie Oliver and his always delicious recipes. That is why his Superb squash soup with the best Parmesan croutons is one of our favorites. It’s exactly how we want our soups (creamy and a bit spicy) and by adding those Parmesan croutons, the dish is something to serve all Fall/Winter.
- I had Thai food last weekend and every time I do, it reminds me of how much I love the large variety of flavors. Therefore in this Top 5 there just had to be a Thai-influenced pumpkin soup recipe. Pumpkin pairs so well, with coriander and red pepper. Instant heat, when you’re feeling cold around this time of the year! The Thai-curried Butternut Squash Soup by Cookie+Kate is really nice and can be made with ingredients you probably already have in stock.
- This recipe for Butternut and Sweet Potato Soup is really simple, but what a flavor! The mix of squash and sweet potato is perfect and with the use of a few spices, the soup is ready in a minute, although it tastes as if you’ve put in a lot of effort in the kitchen. Nigella is known for her instant-cooking and we remain fans of her practical, but elegant sense of style in the kitchen.
- Pumpkin, chorizo, black beans, what’s not to love about this recipe? Donna Hay made a quick weeknight meal with pumpkin, which is super filling and delicious and yet all it takes is a bit of frying and adding the rest of the ingredients to a pot! It’s another take on a tasty pumpkin soup recipe, which shows you that there are so many options!
- Adding apples to soup might make you a bit skeptical, but you have to try this recipe for Butternut Squash Soup by My Baking Addiction. When combined with the roasted butternut squash and spices, it works really well! Sweet and savory, it’s all in there and we are sure, it won’t be the last time you’ll add apples to your soup mixture!