Since turmeric is the spice of the hour, we just had to explore the great range of possibilities to use this ancient product. We know the curry, and yes, we are aware you can use it in your drink (have you tried our Turmeric Latte already?), but turmeric is so versatile, we had no problems finding other great dishes to amp up that turmeric intake. So here is our Top 5 Favorite Turmeric Recipes!
- Tomato Soup is one of my favorite soups and this soup doesn’t just look great, it has great flavor as well! Detox DIY made a great recipe containing the healthiest ingredients (turmeric and tomatoes), with the purpose of detoxing, but you’ll never feel that you are, thanks to the rich flavor of this Tomato Detox Soup!
- A simple, but tasty recipe by Wendy Poliso for Turmeric Quinoa. The turmeric adds that rich flavor and gives the dish that golden color, which makes the color of the pomegranate pop even more. A great dish to add to your next BBQ Sunday with family and friends!
- Turmeric does great in sweet baking recipes too! You guys already know that we have a weakness for a good muffin, and now we have yet another great recipe for the best start of your weekend! These Turmeric Breakfast Muffins by Green Kitchen Stories are made without sugar and white flour, and therefore a very healthy treat to have for breakfast.
- Halloumi, I really love halloumi. It’s really delicious adding this as your protein in a salad, by just grilling it. However, this Halloumi Bake by Lazy Sunday Cooking might be added to my weekday cooking repertoire. The combination of lamb sausages, the cheese and fragrant spices makes it a great comfort food meal.
- The Cauliflower Chick Pea Patties by Dora Daily are a great option if you just don’t feel like eating meat or have dinner guests that are vegetarian. You can add them to a side salad or better yet, replace the meat pattie for this veggie one and turn it into a burger!